Sunday, March 28, 2010

More Recoveries...A Letter from Sebastian

As I described in my article, "Sebastian's Nocturnal Dream Shows," in the May-June 2008 issue of The Gay & Lesbian Review, at the old Palace Theater in North Beach where the Cockettes were born, there were first the wonderful films programed by Sebastian (AKA Milton Miron). His programming of films seemed to have a profound intent, and certainly inspired and intrigued me so I sent him a fan letter. And in my opening boxes from decades ago, I found Sebastian's sweet response -- I can see why I saved the letter -- and you might want to click and enlarge his letter as the script itself is so very charming.


And I have saved one of my free passes for the day when there is another Nocturnal Dream Shows:

I must have photographed the old Nocturnal Dreams "headquarters" in the Mission after it was abandoned.....

No comments: