Friday, June 15, 2012

Lonely Eilers, Noble Pioneer or Warrior King?

I suppose everyone has at some point searched the Internet for anyone with their same last name -- as I did with Eilers.  Today in my hot urban Oakland, California, environment, I need a breath of fresh air, scented with nature, from the northern woods, and I return again to my noble warrior king and humble pioneer, with a branch for his scepter, and with a royal loin cloth that is a bath towel -- but such noble bearing.  And I shall sing his chant (I guess it is a song well-known to Canadians where he alters the refrain somewhat)...
Blue lake and rocky shore
I will return once more
Boom-diddy-boom-boom
Boom-diddy-boom-boom
Boom-diddy-boom-boom
Bo-oo-oom

Lonely Eilers always cheers me up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja_674wlGAM&feature=plcp

No comments: